Question:
i want to put my name and my password to wake pc up from sleep?
Gene Lawson
2012-04-29 05:25:04 UTC
when my pc goes to sleep all you have to do is move mouse and wakes up for anybody i want to put my name on pc and use my password to wake pc back and log in so nobody else can just move mouse and go right into my pc i want to set up some security
Four answers:
2012-04-29 05:33:16 UTC
Log Out Or Turn Off Your Computer When You Are Done Using It And Create A Password If You Have Not Already Done So
?
2012-04-29 05:28:23 UTC
I'm assuming this is a Windows PC since you didn't specify but to assign a screen saver password to into the Control Panel > Display settings. You should be able to select Screen Saver and make sure it's set to require a password.

NOTE: Windows uses the password assigned to the Windows account that's logged in so if you don't have a password assigned to your Windows account, when someone wakes up the computer it will prompt them to enter one, but all they have to do is leave it blank and hit to access your computer.
pisces19522000
2012-04-29 05:38:30 UTC
While your asleep, are you going to be using your PC?? Why not turn it off?? Running a PC 24/7 will only slow it down eventually, not to mention being a potential fire hazard. The option you have is to after hibernation, is wake up to log in screen, where a passwordhas to be entered, standard desktop options?? Control Panel>power options> what to do on wake up link.
2012-04-29 05:28:20 UTC
u go to control panel and set your passward as name