Question:
Dell swich will not come on?
Joey
2013-02-11 22:30:43 UTC
I have a dell switch laptop that I spilled a drink slightly on it worked fine but next day it would not come on.. I have gotten the charging light on and the disk reader powers on its self. I have taken the keyboard off and the strip going to power key is not.connected I connected it light.comes on but laptop still not working, does someone have a solution?
Three answers:
2013-02-11 22:31:50 UTC
I have a solution but it may be too late.. Don't buy a dell.
Dell Inc.
2013-02-12 13:17:35 UTC
Hi Joey,

My name is Krishna and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell. Liquid spills are very unpredictable and even a small amount of liquid spilled on the laptop can cause a serious damage. Most likely, the drink could have reached the motherboard which may have shorted out some circuits.

If you want to e-mail your service tag number and shipping address, I will have a look at the warranty to see what options we have. You can reach me at Krishna_KRN@Dell.com

Regards,

Dell-Kris K

Social Media and Community Team
Cone
2013-02-12 06:33:06 UTC
is the power button cable plugged into the motherboard?

try rubbing the 2 cords? maybe its just the plastic thats sticky or something and prevent the 2 wires from rubbing.