Question:
Forgot my password on my Dell XPS M1530?
C Erin D
2010-12-09 16:12:14 UTC
I KNOW I set my password as "july25" on my laptop. The hint is even "birthday" cause its my birthday. However, whenever I type it in, It says incorrect password? My laptop has a finger swipe thing so I can swipe my finger and it logs me in... but sometimes I'll swipe my finger and it won't respond. & Then I have to restart my computer... it's just a pain!

SO- The obvious thing to do, is to "Remove Password" once I get my finger swipe to work, right?
WRONG. It keeps saying I need a 'password reset disk'? and to insert a USB or something... So I inserted a flashdrive and it says in order to create a password reset disk, i need my current password >:(

"july25" doesn't work at all for anything, no matter what! I've even considered maybe I actually AM typing in the wrong password and maybe I forgot what I really set it as, but I tried guessing a million other things that I would make it and nothing will work, I don't get it!

Everytime I try to reset my password, remove my password, turn off my "finger swipe" thing, or anything like that it asks for my current password. On the log-on screen I clicked "Reset Password" and I had the flash drive plugged in the side... & It said that In order to reset my password I have to create a reset password disk >:|

WHAT DO I DO?!
Three answers:
?
2010-12-09 18:33:08 UTC
Don't worry. Follow this steps, it can help you remove the password.

1. Login to a computer that can link to Internet. Download windows Password key from http://www.lostwindowspassword.com and install it on that PC. Note that: there is a .ISO file. Burn the .ISO file to a CD or a USB flash drive.

2. Insert the newly created CD/USB drive to the locked computer.

3. Reboot the locked computer and press'F2'or'Delete'to enter your BIOS setup and then followed the process of instructions. Just a few steps, the old password was removed.
2010-12-10 00:13:02 UTC
Try: beiber69love
Alex
2010-12-10 00:13:03 UTC