Question:
s how can i detect what virus affected my pc eventhough i cant logon to my computer..?
?
2010-07-10 19:29:30 UTC
i downloaded spybot SandD in my office pc to avoid spyware.but it seems it goes more risky to pc crashed down..the question is how can i detect what virus affected my pc eventhough i cant logon to my computer..hope you could help thru this.i do have lots of impt files and need to recover before the computer will totally crashed down..thank you
Four answers:
Benjamin K
2010-07-10 19:57:19 UTC
Try this:

1) Reboot your computer in safe mode with networking.

To do this:

a) Shut down your computer

b) Start up your computer with your finger ready to press F8.

c) As soon as you see ANYTHING on the screen, press F8 until you see a screen pop up.

d) Use the arrow keys to move around and select Safe mode with networking by pressing enter.

2) Once your computer starts up, open Internet Explorer (Or whatever you use) and go to this link:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/anti-virus/malwarebytes-anti-malware

and download malwarebytes anti-malware.

3) Once it's done downloading, there should be an icon on your desktop with a picture of a red M, click it.

4) Once it opens, preform a full scan (all your boot disks if you have more than 1)

5) Once its done clean up the viruses and restart your computer. It should be out of safe mode with networking and the viruses should be gone.

Hope this helps!!! Any problems contact me at my other email: bzadoko@yahoo.com
2010-07-11 02:40:33 UTC
If you cannot log onto windows, but you can get throough system boot up to that point then you can try a selective boot and try to figure out what is actually being loaded. Use another computer then to get to the internet and find out about each loaded file. Additonally, you could use the other computer to find an antivirus that will allow you to boot from it and then load and run to detect any virus on your computer. I would look to Norton for this type of program. Just do not boot from harddrive into windows if you plan to scan the harddrive.

Last resort ... ... Format Drive C:\
virus Help
2010-07-11 02:32:09 UTC
thats hard to do if you can get on we can clean your file with these FREE

superantispyware

http://www.superantispyware.com/

hitman pro 3.5

http://download.cnet.com/Hitman-Pro-3/3000-2239_4-10895604.html

i like useing malwarebyte and superantispywar in combination

malwarebytes should get the bulk of it though

10 points if you like
mgo316
2010-07-11 02:34:28 UTC
first thing i would do is try to boot to safe mode if it does do safe mode with networking download this free program install updat scan good luck http://www.malwarebytes.org/