Question:
How much should i sell this computer for?
2009-01-08 13:56:47 UTC
Okay so its nothing special at all, quite basic realy, but not bad for what it is.
It's an old packard bell iconnect 1350, it has 504mb RAM, 20gb hard drive, quite a nice monitor to say its a crt, with attatched speakers (detatchable), black compaq keyboard and a black microsoft wheel optical mouse, it has an ethernet adapter, 4 usb ports, i might get a pci wireless adapter and i think im going to throw in a lexmark z23 series usb printer, possibly a canon scanner aswel. I will preinstall software such as microsoft office 2007, corel paint shop pro photo x2, jasc animation shop 3, and some other essential software.

it is running windows vista (with all the unrequired items taken out to make it run fast on the small ram it has), but i would be willing to install windows xp instead, or maybe ubuntu.

any ideas on a price to sell this for?
Ten answers:
Steve
2009-01-08 14:31:25 UTC
I have got some bad news

http://shop.ebay.com/items/_W0QQ_dmptZUSQ5fCSAQ5fWCQ5fJeans?_nkw=512+mb+computer&_sacat=0&_fromfsb=&_trksid=m270.l1313&_odkw=bell+1350&_osacat=0

Without the printer and scanner and software, you're looking at less than $50. With the software, if you're actually legally selling it and planning on giving them the install discs, you're probably looking at another $50 or so. Nothing additional if you're not giving them the discs.

Jasc is $19.99 new

http://shop.ebay.com/items/?_nkw=jasc+animation&_sacat=0&_fromfsb=&_trksid=m270.l1313&_odkw=512+mb+computer&_osacat=0

Corel paint shop pro is $38 new

http://shop.ebay.com/items/_W0QQ_dmptZUSQ5fSoftware?_nkw=corel+painter+x&_sacat=0&_fromfsb=&_trksid=m270.l1313&_odkw=jasc+animation&_osacat=0

The printer is basically worthless (no offense here, just is what it is, and that's old.)

http://shop.ebay.com/items/_W0QQ_dmptZUSQ5fSoftware?_nkw=lexmark+z23&_sacat=0&_fromfsb=&_trksid=m270.l1313&_odkw=corel+painter+x&_osacat=0

The scanner probably isn't worth hardly anything either, without the model I couldn't tell you exactly. But it's tough to even find a traditional scanner without a printer attached to it anymore. Even with that they're only $50 or $60 brand new.

So, all in all, try to get $150. See if you can get any suckers to bite. Seriously though, you'll be lucky to get $75.

This is why everybody's got old computers sitting in their basements.

Again, sorry for the bad news.

Oh, and one more thing. I saw someone say $1,000. Sounds like they haven't been computer shopping in a long time. Unless you're buying a mac, it's hard to even spend that much anymore.
Nathan E
2009-01-08 14:06:49 UTC
You're running Vista with less than 1GB of RAM? That's terrible. Uninstalling stuff doesn't make it faster. You would do better to install XP. You also didn't mention processor speed...

But you don't have an LCD, you only have 512MB of RAM, it's a cheap printer with expensive cartridges...

When all is said and done it might be worth $150 with everything you listed...if you can find a buyer that wants a 6 year old computer that hasn't been upgraded. It really is too basic to be of much use to anyone that already has a computer. You'd have to find somebody who doesn't have a computer yet or somebody wanting a cheap usable box with everything needed to run it.
2009-01-08 14:05:13 UTC
Maybe $150 if a Mother wanted it for a child to learn on
sofia e
2009-01-08 14:02:23 UTC
More detail. Like CPU clock, Model name of GPU, clock and timing of RAM and anesthetics.

Honestly right now I'd give you 100 bucks for it personally. Not to be harsh just saying. Might go up if you give more details.
2016-12-12 14:02:05 UTC
I actual have had very solid help and after-revenues from laptop worldwide yet purely final weekend I had surprising after-revenues at Comet. defective CD force, I had positioned it back to previous fix element yet they suggested I had to Wipe the pc to production facility settings to examine it became no longer a application concern and became additionally instructed the documents i could lose became no longer their concern as i could no longer back it up onto CD!
2009-01-08 14:04:58 UTC
Its pretty outdated, 250-300$ would be plenty fair, anything higher is a rip off
2009-01-08 14:10:49 UTC
Check on E-Bay or others to see what similar computers are selling for. My guess is the shipping would be worth more than you can sell it for.
FireDaBassCannons
2009-01-08 14:01:06 UTC
$150 - $225 This computer is pretty outdated. Everything is old and slow.
2009-01-08 16:24:33 UTC
500.u have expensive software
SainT
2009-01-08 13:59:58 UTC