Question:
dual core upgrade from celeron D /presario SR1220NX?
?
2008-11-23 09:39:28 UTC
so far i have 1 1/2 gb memory a 512 (oem) and 1gb. i intend to put 2 - 2gb memory card when time comes.but i understand now i will have to upgrade the processor.THIS IS FOR A VISTA INSTALL
Five answers:
Jim
2008-11-23 09:45:04 UTC
If your current motherboard is running a Celeron D, most likely you will have to upgrade to a new motherboard before you can continue with upgradig your processor to say a Core 2 Duo. I would recommend Gigabyte motherboards as they are very reliable.

Once you get that, you can then get a Core 2 Duo and 4GB (2x 2GB) of dual channel RAM to run Vista on.
Don M
2008-11-23 09:51:26 UTC
I don't mean to be a smart butt here but, you need to learn a little more before giving us all the factors that do not matter, You must start with the Motherboard.

You need to educate yourself on the top of the line Motherboaed, Core 2 Duo Proccessor, Video Card and Ram

Not all will mix and match. Learn what will and will not fit and work.

You need to talk with a computer tech that works with it everyday, not someone that just read a new article in a magazine that spits out technical data.
?
2016-12-15 02:11:37 UTC
in case you in basic terms have a small volume of ram, i might advise setting up some greater reminiscence till now bothering with the CPU. The greater ram you have, the fewer your computing device will could change suggestion on and rancid the hard drive as digital reminiscence. otherwise, choose for it! a clean twin center CPU would be greater efficient than your celeron D.
J9
2008-11-23 09:42:12 UTC
Just make sure you have a compatible motherboard to put both the processor and RAM into! =D
Brutally Honest
2008-11-23 09:42:17 UTC
Need the make and model of your motherboard before we can help.